Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Festivities

The kids had a great Halloween this year having a neighborhood party, a preschool party, and then Halloween itself all in the same week. Craig and I showed up at the end of preschool on Thursday to watch the kids play games and sing Halloween songs that they had been practicing all month. They sang a song called The 5 Little Pumpkins sitting on the Gate and I wish I knew all the words because it was the cutest song and I was pleasantly surprised by how much of the song Brandon knew. Of course, Briana knew all the words but Brandon is really picking up stuff quick. The wonders that preschool is doing for this kid!! Halloween night Craig took the kids out while I stayed at home with Lauren and passed out candy. Once they got home, Craig told me about the kids trick-or-treating adventures. Craig stayed on the sidewalk and let the kids go up to the doors and get candy. Three of our neighbors had Brandon walking into their home once they put candy in his bucket. One neighbor had to come back to the door and have Craig come inside because he couldn't get Brandon out of his own house. He happened to find the playroom and didn't want to leave. Another home had a motion-sensor skeleton at the door which had Briana screaming back to daddy and she refused to go to the door for the next three houses. After telling me the stories, Craig took the kids upstairs to get their pajamas on while I continued to answer the door to trick-or-treaters. I happened to hear both kids behind me when I opened the door to a group of about 5-6 kids with the mom standing at the bottom of the porch steps. I handed out candy, waved hi to the mom, closed the door, and turned around to see a naked Brandon standing there. I was so embarrassed!! Then yesterday for preschool, we visited a pumpkin patch. We did a hayride which was a nightmare with a fussy baby and Brandon taking off every time the tractor pulling us made a stop. The great thing about the pumpkin patch was the huge hay slides they had which kept the kids entertained so I could feed Lauren. We spent about 3 hours there and with them running all over the place, I knew that I'd get some peace and quiet once they went to bed since they were exhausted when bedtime came.
















No comments: