Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Twilight Movie

I saw the Twilight movie last night with two friends for a girl's night out. Our first stop was to a neighbor's home that was having a Scentsy party - candles. Both Kathy and Angie wanted to get some but I guess I'm not a big candle burning person so I passed on buying anything. Then we had dinner at the Pizza Factory. Both Kathy and I had never been to one and it was great. They have the most amazing breadsticks. I could have just eaten those up and would have been satisfied. Then off to our movie. I had heard so many things about how parts are corny, silly, and even laugh-out-loud bad that I went into the theater with very low expectations. So now my assessment - I though it was pretty good. Of course it isn't close to being as good as the book but still I enjoyed it. I thought they cast Bella perfectly - exactly how I pictured her in my head. Edward was just okay. Sometimes I thought, "he is pretty cute" and then other times I thought, "he doesn't do it for me". I also wished that the Cullen family had more to do in the movie, especially Alice, but I know there is so much that has to be cut out so it doesn't get up being like 3+ hours. Overall, I was just glad to finally see this movie and get out for an evening. I hadn't been to a movie since Indiana Jones in May so it had been awhile and I was ready to see this one.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You have got to see:

Role Models
Four Christmases

They were both hilarious!!!

I am with you on Twilight...liked Bella, didn't care for Edward. Also, the Jasper character was just so off...he looked gay. And, Alice was a good actress...but just didn't look the part (too tall). I was also expecting the Rosalie character to be a little more Nordic looking...more true blond.

You & Craig clearly need to get out more!!! No movies since May?

Amy said...

Come to Texas for Christmas & Bart and I will babysit all you want...you can go out every night!!!