Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'M PREGNANT!!!

No, this is not a joke so you can pick your jaws up off the floor now.

I’ll be 15 weeks on Saturday and figure it is time to get the word out.
Craig and I are still trying to process that this is reality and not some wishful dream because as you all know, this has been something we’ve been wanting for many years.

11 YEARS TO BE EXACT!!

We decided 11 years ago to try and start our family and haven’t done anything since to stop a pregnancy from happening. Truly this is the Lord’s work with so many years past, 3 years of un-successful fertility treatments, and two adoptions later to have this happen now.

So to tell you the story about how we found out I was pregnant, I bought a pregnancy test on January 2nd after being a week late and I knew something was different but continued to deny it not wanting to get my hopes up. I grabbed the cheapest test there was at Wal-mart ($2.78) and Craig’s comment was, “Your wasting our money” in his smartass tone of voice. So this was on a Saturday and I didn’t take the test until the next morning. After seeing the positive sign on the test, I went to find Craig and here is how our conversation went:

Me: “The test was positive.”
Craig: “Huh….”
Me: “Yeah”

That was all we said about it the rest of the day. I think both are minds were reeling with what that test could mean, was it really going to happen, it is a false positive….seriously though, I think we both were freaking out as well. I made a doctor’s appointment for that Thursday and basically wasn’t going to leave until I had an ultrasound done because I wanted to know what was going on. So I had my ultrasound at 6 weeks and saw and even heard (yes, I heard the heartbeat) what I needed to make it real for me. For the most part, I’ve been feeling really good. I actually feel the best in the mornings and by the afternoon, I’d get indigestion and the worst upset stomach that would last until bedtime but this only lasted for about 3 to 4 weeks. I feel great now and basically eat the same as I always have with no food cravings or anything like that yet.

Craig and I plan to find out the sex next month so we’ll keep everyone updated on the pregnancy and we ask for everyone to keep us in your thoughts and prayers that this will be a successful and healthy pregnancy for us.

My due date is September 5th.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really am speechless. I am so happy for you and excited. I will keep you and the baby in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck trying not to pass out from exhaustion as the 4-5 months approach. I had to take naps EVERYDAY and I still went to bed at 8pm. :-) I'll call you soon.

Ashley said...

HOLY CRAP!!! That is sooo cool! I am so excited for you. You so deserve it. That is so neat we are both due in September. Keep us up dated. Congrats

Jane said...

Wow!!! So very exciting for your family! Please keep us posted on everything. We are sooooo happy for you guys. Congratulations!

The Bowman Bunch said...

Congratulations! We wish you the best and hope that you and the baby will continue to do so well. Get as much rest as you can and take care of yourself! Sorry....I am totally a blog lurker :0)

Amy said...

No morning sickness? Girl, you are getting off too easy! That's great though!

We are very happy for you guys...can't wait to find out what you're having! And names!

Keep us posted!

natalie said...

Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for you Emily (Craig too). I do remember a specific conversation when you said how upset you'd be if you got pregnant later on. At least it isn't when your kids are 10 years-old. I am glad you see that you and Craig are excited. This will be so fun for you. Brandon and Brianna are old enough for you to really enjoy having a baby again. I am also happy (and a little jealous) that your pregnancy has gone so well. Morning sickness can put you over the edge. Good luck. I'll keep checking your blog for updates.