Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!

A day to remember: Craig and I got engaged on Valentine's Day 13 years old...13 years!! Does that age me or what?!? Anyway, other than that momentous occasion, we usually don't do too much on this day. I think it is way over-hyped and I hate to think about the money it cost for roses this time of year. I told Craig years ago to not bother with flowers and get me sweets instead - cookies, chocolate, etc. For Valentine's this year, I'm doing something I've never done - cooking food that I'll never eat!! Craig loves German food (don't know where he gets it from) but he hardly ever gets a chance to have it. His once a year treat would be at the Texas State Fair where he'd load up on bratwurst having several throughout the day. So this year I pulled out my Taste of Home magazines and I'm making him cabbage rolls, german potato salad with sausage, sweet milk dinner rolls, and tiramisu for dessert (I know tiramisu is Italian but he loves it and I couldn't find a german dessert except for german chocolate cake - he'd rather have the tiramisu) We'll be putting the kids down to bed early and having a nice romantic dinner. He'll have his german food and I'll be having a hot pocket and soup. I know, boring right, but it sounds good to me right now so I'm going with it.

1 comment:

Kathy Garcia said...

Ok-I want to know how you started dating at 13 years old???? WOW I wasn't allowed to date at that age...... haha-I know what you meant-I just had to give you a hard time. Your blog is fabulous. You are too a good blogger. You capture the "daily" in life and that is what is sometimes forgotten. Go girl. I think you are young spring chicks-I am going on 17 years and we got married way older than you-that's pretty close to 20 years....I always thought of grandma's and grandpa's being married 20 years-scary I'm almost there....