Friday, February 1, 2008

Potty Training Time

The last couple weeks I've been asking Briana if she wants to sit on the potty. She'll nod her head "yes" but doesn't want to take off her pants or diaper. I'm just glad that she isn't scared of the thing and at least we moving a step in the right direction. She'll ask for a book or a stuffed animal to keep her company and then after awhile she'll be ready to get off. Then yesterday I asked if she wanted to take off her diaper before she sits on the potty and she said "yes". I'm thinking, "okay, this is good" and then I told her that she'll get a treat if she goes on the potty. All of a sudden I hear a tinkling sound and see a big smile on her face. I couldn't believe that she did it. Then I asked her if she wanted her diaper back on and she said "no". Okay, this IS good!! I go upstairs to get her some panties and she is all excited. We did put a diaper on her last night but it was dry this morning and she has been using the potty since. No accidents yet but so far...so good!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! If that's all you have to do to potty train her, then you are getting off easy! Good for her! Life gets pretty easy with no diapers...just remember to have extra clothes with you all the time for a while.

Sabrina said...

Yeah, Brianna!!!(and yeah for mommy, too!!)