Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Our last day in Texas

We have been in Texas now for two weeks for the holidays and I'm getting anxious to get home. It has been a great visit seeing friends and family but I'm ready to sleep in my own bed and get back to my routine at home with the kids. We went to Rainforest Cafe today for lunch with friends Pam and Steve and Briana clutched onto Pam the whole time because she is scared of the animals in there - especially when they come alive!! Brandon couldn't get enough of the alligator and would jump into the water to touch it if he could. Just another typical crazy lunch outing with the kids.
Another thing happened today that is important to note: Brandon SPOKE the word "no" today. He isn't much the talker but this morning said "no" to me when I asked him if he wanted breakfast. It took me back when he answered me instead of moving his head away from me. I'm hoping that he won't use the word as often as his sister does but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay! You're blogging (and I'm checking in!)

The word "no"...a mixed blessing, it's great to have your kids talk, but no is not the greatest word to hear, huh?

How's Utah? I was thinking about y'all at 12:30 and then again at 5:30 and wondering how your flight was. Does home feel good? I love the coming home feeling...your own bed & stuff! Although, Holbrooks sure is nice!