Wednesday, September 3, 2008

3-Part Day Trip

My aunt was having a birthday party Saturday afternoon at her house in Orem so we decided to make a day of it with a couple stops along the way. We told the kids we were going on a trip so everytime we stopped Briana would ask, "Is this part of our trip?". So here are the 3 parts to our day trip.


Part 1: Park City. We left the house at 9am and headed to the outlet mall there in Park City. We weren't shopping for anything in particular but Eddie Bauer was having a 70% sale so both Craig and I got some things. I wanted to look at the Carter's store for the kids but the line was out the door so we just kept on walking. We lasted about 1 1/2 hours until the kids and I were ready for lunch. We had lunch at Bajio (kinda like a Chipotle) and then headed to Heber City.


Part 2: Midway. We thought we'd check on Swiss Days which is held in a small town called Midway west of Heber. I had heard about Swiss Days from ladies at church who said how fun it is to go to. We drove down the main street first just to check it out and it like driving down a country road of Switzerland. It was the coolest little town. We had to park forever away and take a shuttle to the main area of the festival. Unfortunately I left the camera in the car too so I don't have any pictures of this cute town. It was so crowded that it was hard to even get close to any of the craft booths to see what they were selling. We stopped to get some drinks and find some shade from the heat. We hadn't been there long but the kids were tired since we skipped their naps and it was so hot that we decided to head back to the car. Instead of taking the shuttle though I decided we should walk since our car was down at the other end of main street. Craig complained the whole time since he had to deal with Brandon while I pushed Briana in the stroller and enjoyed passing the local stores and homes on the way.


Part 3: Orem. On our way to Orem, both kids slept in the car and Craig and I enjoyed the beautiful drive through Provo Canyon. We got to my aunt's house early but I was able to help out in the kitchen getting ready for the barbeque. All my cousins and their families were there and we celebrated birthdays for 4 kids all turning 3 years old. Briana is the oldest with her birthday on 8/19. Then my cousin Rachelle's daughter who's birthday is 8/21. Then my other cousin Aaron's daughter turned 3 on 9/1 and then finally Brandon who's birthday is 9/14. This is the 2nd year we've done this so I was prepared this time bringing the kid's bathing suits and pajamas. The kids played in the kiddie pool while the adults ate and then we had cake and ice cream. The weather had cooled down a ton so it was nice sitting outside and visiting with family who I don't see very often. Before we left, we bathed the kids and then got the car loaded for the hour long drive home. We pulled into our driveway at 9:30pm and both kids were asleep. It had been a long but great day for us. We don't do day trips like that very much and now that the kids are getting older, I hope we can do this more often.


The birthday kids

My aunt Dana and cousins Rachelle and Shannon (in chair)


Brandon got a huge piece of cake and ate every bite!!



My cousin's wife Christine did body outlines of all the kids

A family photo before heading home with everyone's eye on the camera and smiling...this is a first!!

No comments: