Sunday, September 7, 2008

Star Wars Monsters

I think I've made a big mistake. It all started on this particular Friday (a week and couple days ago) that I did deep cleaning in the house and organized the garage and cleaned it out so it basically took me most of the day. After showering around 3:30pm and having the kids wake up from their naps soon after, I was so exhausted that all I wanted to do was sit and watch a movie. But not a kid movie. I wanted to watch one of mommy's movies (as I told it to Briana). Looking through my limited DVD collection, I decided on Star Wars thinking that maybe the kids will be okay with it and maybe watch it with me. They were fascinated and watched it with me with big eyes while Luke Skywalker and friends defeated the Empire. We ended up watching the whole movie and as soon as it was over, Brandon turned to me and said, "More Star Wars?" repeating it over and over. My first thought was, "This is great. We can take a break away from Toy Story and Cinderella for awhile." Little did I know that both kids would ask to see Star Wars all day long and everyday since then. Even after Brandon's naps, the first words out of his mouth when I go to get him is, "Star Wars? Star Wars?" We went to Walmart this week and passed the toy section and at the end of the row were tons of lightsabers. They both pointed together and said, "Star Wars". I went over to them and handed each of them one and once I did that, there was no giving it back. Luckily they were only $7.00 and Brandon's birthday is next week so I gave in to the impulse buy. They both ask about Darth Vader during the movie and wonder where he is when he is not on the TV and they know C3PO and R2D2 or "the robots" as they call them. Tonight when we turned the movie off after having watched it for the 2nd time that day, Brandon freaked out and cried for what seemed like forever. I'm starting to regret introducing the movie to them in the first place because they are crazy about it now. I guess there are worse things though that they could be into then loving the Star Wars movies. Hmmm.... I wonder if I did this to my mom when I was a kid because I loved the Star Wars movies too?

No comments: