Sunday, September 21, 2008

Grandpa Jack

This week has been full of family activities surrounded around the gravesite burial of Craig's grandfather Jack. Craig's parents, sister Kathy and her family, and his brother Scott all were in town to attend the service at the Salt Lake City Cemetery. When we heard the news of his passing, it was hard for Craig because he had a close relationship with his grandfather. He gave the eulogy and had a difficult time talking about his grandfather without getting too emotional. Unfortunately, I didn't hear any of it because of Brandon. He was so bad that I had to strap him in a stroller and walk around so he wouldn't disrupt the service. I really didn't think he would be that bad or else I would have had a neighbor watch the kids for me. We ate lunch at the Lion House Pantry in downtown SLC afterwards and I was impressed. I've never been there before and the portions were huge. I knew that had great rolls but the cafeteria style food was pretty good. A lot of Craig's extended family that attended the servie had lunch with us too. It was nice to meet all of them and to hear stories about Craig's family I've never heard before. Overall, it was a beautiful day and the service turned out very nice, short and simple with no fuss, just the way grandpa would have wanted it.


No comments: