Thursday, June 19, 2008

Let's play outside...in our dirt backyard

Sadly with summer here, we don't have a backyard yet to enjoy. I know it has been hard on the kids because they want to go out and play but with having cement work, sprinklers installed, etc., I can't let them in the backyard since usually there is equipment out there from continuous work getting done. Finally we have a break for a couple days so yesterday we played for a little while in the backyard hanging out on the patio riding bikes and making a mess in the dirt. The worst thing is all the flags in the dirt marking the sprinklers. I felt like a broken record telling Brandon to not pull out the flags. I got so tired of walking behind him putting all the flags back that I had enough and we headed back into the house. I'll be so ready to have grass since my floor is never clean with dirt prints showing up every time someone goes outside. I just hope that when we are finally ready to get grass, it won't be to late with the hot temperatures!!




1 comment:

Amy said...

The patio looks nice! It's really big.

We're planning a trip to Colorado. Bart has a case in Amarillo & Lubbock, so the gas will pretty much be paid for. We're gonna see our niece, Lori. We thought about driving on up to UT to see y'all after her...but then we saw that it was 600 more miles & we just can't afford the gas. You guys live just too far away!!!