Friday, June 13, 2008

Princess Room

I finally got Briana's room done. I've actually had it done for like 3 weeks now but was waiting on a custom vinyl order from The Vinyl Boutique store in Bountiful. When we were done painting it, she walked in and said, "wow, chica has pink room". She calls herself "chica" which is her nickname she got when we picked her up in Guatemala. Anyway, you'll notice from the pictures that her ceiling is angled pretty low on the walls and it is because her room is over the 3rd car garage. Her room is huge and you could easily fit 3 kids in there so you'll see that it is very simple and open. I had a pottery barn curtain my friend Amy gave me that I used in our Indiana house. She only had one window so it was perfect. Her room now has two windows and I didn't know what to do. I ended up cutting the curtain down the middle so I could hang one in each window. It turned out pretty good and you'd never know that it was only one panel curtain to begin with. I had a brown wood hope chest looking thing that I painted white and put "Princess" on it. The blue blanket in front of it is a HUGE quilt we bought while in Guatemala for Briana. I love it and it is so heavy and full of vivid colors hand sown by the lady we bought it from. I also bought a lamp and a couple flowerly decorations for her dresser and shelf. Even though there are a couple themes going on in her room (disney princesses and flowers), it turned out beautiful and all that really matters is that she loves it!!







No comments: