Friday, June 13, 2008

My babies no more

I'm starting to freak out a little realizing that my children are growing up and there is nothing I can do about it. Last night I got Craig to agree that we don't need a changing pad (it sat on top of the dresser in Brandon's room) anymore for the kids because they are too big. I haven't used it in over 6 months but Craig still did because he didn't want to bend over when changing their clothes, diapers, or pajamas. Especially now with Briana potty trained, there is just no need for it. Then today after I put the kids down for naps, I took their highchairs and put them in the basement for good. I really should have gotten rid of them weeks ago because both kids can climb in them. I watched Briana almost fall over because she lost her balance trying to climb in her chair and then there is Brandon who tries to climb out too but gets stuck and yells "HELP" until someone comes over and grabs him. He has even fallen out of the highchair before too so it is time for them to go. Once I came back upstairs, I saw this empty void in the nook area where the highchairs were and I felt sad. I guess all that is left is to get Brandon potty trained and switch them to big kid beds. As much as I'm excited to get some of these items out of my house, it makes me realize that they aren't my little babies anymore.

No comments: