Monday, June 2, 2008

New Kitchen

With Craig's new job and compensation schedule, we'll probably be in this house for at least a few years so I decided to make some changes. Our whole house is painted the same color (even the ceiling) and I am tired of looking at it especially in the kitchen. All my floor mats and dish towels are a reddish/orange color that I've used since my Indiana house. In that house, I painted the kitchen a color called Bold Terra Cotta from Home Depot and it turned out awesome so I went ahead and got the same color to do this kitchen. I basically painted the whole kitchen in one day last week while Craig was in Phoenix. Luckily for me, the kids took 3 hour naps that day and then I finished the rest when they went to sleep that night. Once it was all done, it was darker than I had rememberd but this kitchen doesn't get as much natural light. My Indiana kitchen had tons of light and a 17 foot vaulted ceiling so of course the paint is going to appear lighter. It does give the kitchen a rich and warm feeling (or so my friend said who came over to check it out). I think it looks great and I'm happy with how it turned out. I told Craig about it so he wouldn't freak out and he is happy with it as well. Good thing too since I'm not about to re-paint it!!

Before shots:


After shots:





3 comments:

Amy said...

I like your kitchen! It was pretty before & I like the after. Your rugs are perfect with it and the floors are gorgeous. You must really love that house...every photo I see of it is so pretty.

Hey! That gave me an idea: you should go through and take a picture of each room and then show us...I'm curious to see it.

And, if Bart ever tiles our bathroom floor, I'll take photos of that. Yes, I am still waiting & living on concrete. (it's been months...)

Sabrina said...

Very nice emily. I like it.

McCartneys said...

I Love it ! It looks so nice. Ilove the color. Good for you . I hate painting ---