Thursday, June 12, 2008

Nothing To Do

Today has been a great day so far. I decided this morning that today would be a good day to take the kids to the zoo and then meet Craig for lunch. The kids get so excited when I tell them it is "Zoo Day" and can't wait to get into the car and go. The weather was perfect and all the animals were out and on display today. Then we picked up Craig and headed to Macaroni Grill. I hadn't eaten there in over a year, loved it, and ate way too much. It also helped that we had gift cards so I ordered whatever I wanted without looking at the prices. Once I get home, I put the kids down for naps and see the sprinkler guy starting on our backyard so I go chat with him for a minute. I'm so excited to see some process happening in our backyard and can't wait until we have grass!! Back inside, I put away the lunch leftovers, clean out my backpack from the zoo, and then can't think of what to do next. I was suddenly bored. It was a weird feeling not having anything to do. Please don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining about this. It is just that this feeling doesn't happen very often. Of course, we all know that there is always something to do around the house but nothing that I have to do at the moment. Laundry is done, house is clean (cleaning day is tomorrow anyway), no mail to go through, no dishes, and no cooking needed since our fridge is full of leftovers for tonight. I don't even have a book to read since I just returned the last book I checked out from the library yesterday and didn't check out anything else. I usually have some project that I'm working on around the house but at the moment I don't have any. In the last month I painted my daughter's room, (I'll post about this tomorrow) and my kitchen, and organized all my digital photos and downloaded them to Snapfish.com for safe keeping. I should be enjoying this time alone with kids napping and no responsibilities but instead I feel like I need to do something. I think because I'm not a lazy person by nature that I always need something on my mental TO DO list to keep me moving. I guess I'll just pop in a video and drink my soda I brought home from Macaroni Grill, shut down my brain, and chill on the couch until I think of something around this house that needs to be done.

2 comments:

Kathy Garcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Garcia said...

I will someday have one of those moments too-where there is nothing to do and I have to just stop and think for a moment about what I really need to get done. WOW! I'm thinking that might be about 5-8 years away but I know it's coming-I'll keep the positive juice flowing and IF by chance you ever have another one of those moments you just call me! I'll be happy to give you a project to do. You amaze me! I'm so glad all of your photos are done. I'm jealous is what it really is. Soon, soon, soon. Have a good day and ENJOY! You deserve it.- I made a few spelling mistakes on the 1st one that is why it got deleted.