Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn

Now that I have returned to the living after a 3 day absence since picking up the last book in the Twilight Series, I have to say that I didn't care for this one as I do for the other 3 books from Stephenie Meyer. What captured my minor obsession about the Twilight books is the passionate relationship between Bella and Edward who happens to be a vampire. Their love for each other and the sexual tension was crazy which kept me on the edge of my seat. Edward had to continually stop them from becoming too physical for fear of hurting her since she was human and that made her breakable. In Breaking Dawn, they get married among other things (I don't want to give too much away) so that same passion and yearning has changed into something else. This last book also started to get a little "out there" with the whole vampire mythology, werewolves, and their special powers stuff that it was too much for me to swallow. I am glad to have read it to find out if they have a happy ending and all but I don't see myself re-reading this book again like I have with the first 3 books.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am loving these books so far! I just wish I had more time to read...gosh darn kids & house.