Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Briana's New Look and our Swing Set

While mowing the lawn yesterday, the kids were playing on our new swing set. I'll explain below the story about getting that. Since the kids can't swing themselves yet, they have learned to do the superman swing - lay their tummies on the swing and push off from the ground. I had just finished the lawn when I heard Briana screaming. I look over and see her in the dirt having fallen off the swing. She must have tipped over head first into the ground because her face was all dirty and she had lots of scraps by her eye. This morning her eye is swollen a little but at least it looks like it is starting to heal.




Now about our new swing set. It is new to us but it's actually 8 years old. I was checking the online classified ads for our area and found someone giving away their swing set. I called immediately since things like a swing set go quickly around here - especially when it is free. I happened to be the first caller and told him we'd be there the next day to come get it. He had already disassembled it for us and it was easy to put back together in our yard. It is a little rusty and wobbly when both kids are swinging but I don't care - it was FREE!!!




1 comment:

Amy said...

AWESOME!!! Can't believe you were able to nab a free swingset in Zion...your righteous living must outdo all your neighbors! There must have been mobs of Mormons calling that poor guy!