Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Last Night's Dinner

We made our weekly trip to Costco yesterday and on the way down, I told Briana that we were headed to Costco. Then she says, "Costco...pizza...dinner". The only time she gets pizza is while we are there so I guess it makes sense that she puts Costco and pizza together. Instead though we had pork chops with mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls. I wasn't sure if the kids would eat it but that was the first thing gone from their plates. I used a recipe that I hadn't tried before and it turned out so good that I had to share. I didn't have the lime for the lime peel and I used sliced tenderloins and it was awesome - Enjoy!!

Cilantro-Lime Pork Chops
6 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon grated lime peel
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
6 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro


In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Drain and discard marinade from pork when you remove pork from bag. In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm on a plate. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth. Stir in the broth, orange juice and honey; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or just until thickened. Stir in cilantro and then add in pork chops; heat through.
*if you make this, let me know what you thought about it.

No comments: