Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Guatemalan Girl

While doing Briana's hair for church on Sunday, I decided to put this decorative clip into her hair. I think I got this hair clip from my sister-in-law but I got a bunch of these same miniature dolls from Guatemala. While Craig and I were there to adopt Briana, the maids at our hotel would leave one on our pillows when they turned down the beds. I probably should make more hair clips for her with them. Another thing to add to my TO DO list...Anyway, I got tons of compliments about how cute she looked and look at that beautiful skin - smooth as a baby's bottom and a perfect olive color. I would love to have skin like that!! She now understands to smile for the camera and loves to pose for me. The only bad thing is that when she flashes her big smile, you see her two front bottom yellow teeth. Poor thing. She was born with those teeth and they are so yellow and small compared to all the others. I can't wait for the day that they fall out and she gets a new crop of white sparkling teeth.






1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey! I'm wondering if your Guatelamalen Girl needs some more clothes? I've got some more 3T & 4T to pass down if you want it...just let me know! If not, I'll donate it. Good stuff though...if you want to store it till next year.

See why y'all need to move back to DFW? Save me the trip to the Post Office!