Thursday, May 29, 2008

Love Affair with Food

With Craig out of town this week, I find myself eating constantly. I think with him around I just didn't eat as much and tried to watch my sweets intake. That now has completely gone out the window and all I crave is sweets. Ice Cream and candy have become my secret love affair while Craig is away. Just this morning after the kids played at the park, we stopped at Albertsons because I needed milk. Of course I walk by the ice cream aisle and I see that Dreyer's Ice Cream is only $2.88. You can't even get a DQ blizzard for that price (my justification). I grab a gallon and the milk and get out before I head down the candy aisle. Then I see a Taco Time and decided to get some take-out for me and the kids. I'd never had Taco Time before and thought it was time to try it. I order 2 pinto bean burritos (looks more like a taquito with a crunch shell) for the kids and I get a 1/2 lb. soft taco. The total came to $6.20 for only 3 items. I thought that was kinda pricey but too late now since I was at the drive-thru window to pay. We get home and I'm getting lunch ready. The burritos were bigger than I thought and could have only ordered 1 for both kids. We sit down to eat and I take a bite of my taco and that was the last bite for me. I didn't care for it at all!! I ended up eating the rest of the burritos once the kids were done and will save the taco for Craig. Oh well. I tried some place new and know that I have no need to go back. At least I know that Taco Bell will never let me down.

Finally it is naptime and time for my date with a big bowl of Dreyer's cookie dough ice cream!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oooohhhh Emily! Is it because Craig is so sweet that you need extra sweets when he's gone? More likely, it's nice to eat without someone commenting about it...isn't it? I like to hide Haagen Dazs chocolate with peanut butter in the back of the freezer for moments where I can eat without Bart's disapproving eye. You must try the chocolate with peanut butter...it is divine! So smooth, intense chocolate & that yummy PB....mmmmmm!!!

McCartneys said...

I love Taco time!!! You gotta try the Big Juan burrito ---SO GOOD !
Dont feel bad, I ate cookie dough for dinner and washed it down with a Slimfast !!! Dumb huh ??