Thursday, May 22, 2008

Whooping Cough Scare

I get a phone call last night from our primary president at church telling me that a child from another ward that meets in our same building has whooping cough and was at church on Sunday. This means that the sick child was probably hacking on everything in the nursery room an hour before my children went in there. They were calling all the nursery children's parents and letting them know of the situation. I guess all the children from the other ward that were in the nursery room with the sick child are all going to get antibiotics to make sure it doesn't spread. I didn't know anything about whooping cough so I spend last night on the internet looking it up. From what I found, it is pretty contagious especially with children and hard to diagnose since most doctors pass it off as a cold or respiratory infection. I don't think I'll have to worry too much about Briana since she has the immune system of a giant but I'm going to watch Brandon since he is always the child to get sick first with stuff.

1 comment:

McCartneys said...

Yikes, thats scarey . Thats what bugs me about nursery or daycare. You never know what germs are floating around!