Sunday, May 18, 2008

Young Women In Excellence Night

The last couple of weeks have been very busy because my Mia Maid class at church was in charge of YWIE on Wednesday night. This is a once a year event so it was a pretty big deal. We (me and the other leader, Kathy) had meetings with the girls 2 to 3 times a week planning this event and I'm so glad that it is over. The program started at 7pm so we got to the church at 5:30 thinking we'd have plenty of time. By 6:45pm we are running around the church trying to everything done and I'm feeling like a wet rag. My hair was flat, I had to wipe off all my makeup (what little I had on) because of all the sweat, and I had pit stains under my arms. Ugh! I just felt gross!! Then I had to sit on the stand in the chapel because I was part of the program giving the closing comments. Okay...so here I am typing away whining about this activity but I'm actually really glad for these opportunities to grow personally and spiritually through these experiences and I'm eternally grateful to be in the Young Women's program. I work with some great women who I have grown to love and have developed great relationships with. The girls in my class are so fun and willing to take on huge projects like this to put in the time and effort to make them great. Overall, it turned out so good and we got a ton of compliments about what a great job we did. I'm so proud of all the hard work that the girls put into it - especially the refreshments which turned out awesome!!


K.C., Ashleigh, and Alexis
(The Mia Maid class - Janice not pictured)



We frosted and decorated all the cookies the night before the activity (all 100 of them!!)


We had two tables at each end for cookies. They were a huge hit and tasted so good!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey great job on the YWIE entry. I have never figured out how to center my words under my pictures. How do you do that? I am such a dork when it comes to these kind of things. HELP ME! You really did catch up on your entries. Fun Fun! I'm glad it is over too-but you are right- awesome opportunities to serve.
kg